- That person always cries at weddings, in the cinema, while reading a touching story.- emotional.
- That person never gives presents or buys drinks for others.- shameless, careless.
- That person is easy to get on with.- easygoing.
- That person hurts people or animals.- sadistic/for people, zoosadistic/for animals.
- That person always thinks bad things will happen.- pessimistic.
- That person always thinks good things will happen.- optimistic.
- That person makes you yawn.- tedious.
- That person never thinks about others’ feelings.- apathetic.
- That person easily makes you laugh.- humorous.
- That person doesn’t like talking about his/her achievements.- reticent.
- That person never changes his/her mind even though he/she thinks that he/she is wrong.- inexorable, stubborn, hardheaded.
- That person never smiles.- sullen, dignified, dull.
- That person keeps things tidy.- fastidious.
- That person always arrives late for meetings.- belated.
- That person always keeps his emotions and feelings to himself/herself.- apathetic, introvert.
II. Here are 12 sentences. Eight sentences have mistakes in them and four sentences are correct. Leave the correct sentences as they are and correct the mistakes in eight sentences.
- Do you know what time does the train arrive?- Do you know what time the train arrives?
- Tell me what is the problem.- Tell me what the problem is.
- Can you tell me where is 5th Avenue?- Can you tell me where 5th Avenue is?
- Could you let us know when he arrives?
- Do you know if this is the way to the station?
- I’d like to know where is the library.- I’d like to know where the library is?
- Could you let us know are you coming?- Could you let us know if you are coming?
- Do you understand what are they saying?- Do you understand what they are saying?
- Please tell me who is in charge.
- I wonder will it be sunny tomorrow.- I wonder if it will be sunny tomorrow.
- I’m trying to find out how much is my electricity bill this month.- I’m trying to find out how much my electricity bill is this month.
- Can you tell me where the police station is?
III. Can you contradict me?
The films which were released some 40-50 years ago were much better than modern films.
The technology and money for modern movies are better than those of the past. When watching old movies, you can see a different kind of thrill. The material of today’s movies is of a higher caliber and includes jokes, relatable moments, and knowledge of current events. As much as I like viewing new movies, I also like seeing old movies. I have watched many old movies as a child and still find their humor to be hilarious, I can relate to them. I won’t ever get tired of watching old movies.
The songs which were sung some 40-50-60 years ago had melodies in them. You can’t say the same about modern songs.
Songs that were released many years ago are the ones I listen to the most because I feel more connected to them. Depending on the artist and the song’s style, I also like some contemporary tunes, but for me, nothing beats the sounds of the past. I disagree that older songs have better melodies than modern songs, yet I still prefer older music over contemporary music.